Photos by Elizabeth Looney Photography
It’s been a week for sure. We had a lot of ice last weekend that put the kids out of school until Monday. On Monday night we received snow and it snowed into Tuesday. It’s Friday and Keatyn has been out of school for 8 days. 8 days y’all. I’m going crazy over here. Serious cabin fever. I’ll stop boring you with my sob story ha. Moving on…
I must admit I have done A LOT more shopping than usual the past few months with the holidays and all the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales. For some reason though I still find myself at odds figuring out what to wear. For the most part I wear super casual clothing. It’s easy and comfortable. However, it’s not always appropriate. Just like the next girl, I loved to get dressed up to show off my style. One of my favorite ways to make an outfit pop is just as easy as adding the right pair of statement shoes.
As the temperatures get warmer I thought inquiring minds would wanna know how they can bring some of the winter fashion into spring & also a few trends that seem to be trending for the new season. These five trends are definitely nothing new but they do seem to be an elaborated version of current trends.
5 SPRING TRENDS TO HELP BRING ON THE NEW SEASON
- Distressed Jeans. I am obsessed with my pair of distressed knee jeans but the 2018 trends are all types of distressed.
- Romantic Dresses. I’m LOVING the flowy sleeves and soft, romantic florals. This feminine look is killing it this year.
- High Rise Bottoms. Cinched waist, sleek and modern is the trend for spring. I love high waisted because it makes my legs look longer and disguises my stomach. I love THESE lace up pants.
- Fringe, Fringe and more Fringe. Pretty much fringe everywhere and in all different styles.
- Modern Trench Coats and Styles. A more contemporary look on the trench in the 2018 season.
What about you? What spring trends do you love? Let me know in the comments below!