Easter is one of my favorite holidays with children my home. I love all the bright colors, easter egg hunts and the thrill of the goodies the Easter bunny brings. I love going to church and talking about Jesus to my babies. The one part that bugs me as a parent is how most of what is marketed for Easter basket is sugar and candy. If your kids are anything like mine that makes you cringe. My daughter is a straight up sugar addict and I’ve been drastically trying to cut back for her. I mean she gets it honestly, I struggle daily on my addiction. This year I decided forget the candy filled easter baskets that go to waste. I’m doing something different this year. So I filled it… I mean the Easter bunny filled it with toys and things they need.
First off this year I used Pehr Design’s Pom “easter baskets” because it’s much more functional for regular use plus they are so cute as easter baskets. After we are done with Easter I can use them for storage in their rooms since I got them to match their bedrooms. Diving into Keatyn’s a little bit. Clearly you see I have to include troll blind bags. She has an obsession. Also my kid absolutely loves bath bombs. Seriously a kid after my heart. She must have seen me too many times because she wants a glass of sparkling juice, candles and a bath bomb when she bathes. Hahaha I’m not even kidding y’all. Anyway, I found this AMAZING store on Etsy who makes the most luxurious bath bombs but also they have surprise toys inside! I mean seriously what kid wouldn’t want these?! Plus they’re cheaper than Lush. I’m smitten from here on out. I want adult bath bombs with surprises in them.
I also got her a tool set from Baby Cubby because she always pretends to fix things around the house. She must have her daddy’s engineer brain. They also had these cool functional cups that hang on your fridge. I get so tired of finding cups all over our house.
This owl from Pawd Pets holds our iPad or cell phones for Keatyn with a magnet so she can play with it or watch movies and grip it better. Plus it looks super cute.
Can we talk about how cute this unicorn tumbler is from Twinkle Twinkle Little Jar? There’s a pretty good chance I might steal this from Keatyn. Unicorns and glitter…uh yes.
Here are a few of the things pictured above I got for Charlie:
- Skip Hop’s musical set from Baby Cubby so we could rock out at home.
- Rad Revolution – navy triangle lounge pants and these cute little bloom runner shorts
- Matching pink Babiators for her and sissy
- Copper Pearl Bloom carseat cover and their Grace muslin hooded towel (I wanted this print so bad I waited weeks until it came in stock) and their bandana bibs. Seriously though why didn’t they have these bibs with my first one? They are so much more stylish than traditional bibs.
- Goumi Kids mitts, Goumi Kids Waddle alls (they have built in mitts) and their drop jamms for easy diaper changes at night.
- Munch Mitt (which is made with food grade silicone, BPA and Phthalate free) is perfect for my teething baby. How many times has your baby dropped their teether on the ground? This is so convenient for parents. I’m just sad I didn’t have it for Keatyn.
- Little Unicorn Hooded Towel Set From my favorite online store The Baby Cubby. Look at these colors! I’m so obsessed with the poppy print. I’m gonna have to get the lemon print too but I already went a tad overboard.
- I also got this adorable burp cloth from G is for Nugget made right here in Nashville. I’m swooning over the bunny one too.
- Natemia eco friendly wooden baby brush and comb set, bamboo washcloths and hooded towel. They have the cutest stuff and it’s all natural.
Ok I’m so excited for the girls to see their Easter baskets, even though Charlie could care less at this point. Minus maybe one candy easter bunny, I think I found some really great candy substitutions. I love supporting all the small shops, so if you’re looking for something out of the box for easter or any holidays, check them out. Hope you guys are having a fabulous week! Xo