It’s finally winter and Christmas in Nashville even though it doesn’t feel like it sometimes. Our weather is like a moody teenager. One day it’s 60 then next it’s 35. My closet can’t keep up. One of my most requested topics is what do in this great city. See my “What to do on a weekend in Nashville” post also. But I since I’m a momma clearly, I wanted to talk about some winter & holiday family happenings in Nashville. Make sure you bundle those babies up and don’t forget your travel gear or it’ll make for a poor time. Trust the girl who keeps forgetting to load her stroller in the trunk.
Here are a few of my favorites for on the go. The Evenflo Pro Series Pivot Travel System is perfect for your growing babe. It’s a 3-in-1 style system that simply transitions from a bassinet to stroller to car seat so you can just take one piece with you as you travel. What mom doesn’t want that?! The seat is adjustable and grows with your baby. It also includes the car seat base so you simply need nothing else but your baby wherever you travel. It’s extremely convenient being able to go from bassinet to toddler mode, and back, without having to purchase an additional bassinet, as most other systems require, and has 6 different ways to travel. It looks luxurious like the procure stroller without the hefty price tag. Personally it bugs me to spend so much on the multiple types of stroller knowing my baby will only use them such a short time. It’s kind of a waste in my opinion.
Plus the Evenflo travel system has been tested 2x at Federal Crash Test Standard so you know your baby is safe, isn’t that what truly matters the most? (They also make safety gates, high chairs etc)
I use all of these products above when running around like a crazy person with my kids. It’s better to be prepared in my opinion. And also better to be safe than sorry. Ok let’s dive into some fun this winter as you spend Christmas in Nashville:
- Gaylord Opryland ICE! This year it’s A Charlie Brown Christmas but each year it’s different. I have had so much fun with Keatyn doing this over the years. Hey parents ps. they have an ice bar I’m just saying 😉 You go through multiple room with these beautiful sculpted ice figures (2 million lbs of ice) and toward the end there are two giant ice slides for the kids to slide down. They do provide heavy jackets but it’s also a chilly 9 degrees so bundle up and make sure to get some hot chocolate at the end.
- Outside the ICE! building there is also a ton going on if you don’t wanna go to the ICE! venue. There’s ice skating and hot chocolate stands
- Cirque Dreams Holidaze. Experience this Broadway musical, new cirque adventure and family show wrapped in one. Cirque Dreams Holidaze. Nashville extravaganza Cirque Dreams Holidaze is in Nashville for the first time. You can see never-before-seen performances with over 300 costumes and 20 of the world’s best acts. Also amazing singers, original music and seasonal favorites performed in a multi-million-dollar stage. There will be snowmen, penguins, angels, reindeer, toy soldiers, gingerbread men and ornaments… flying, balancing and stretching imaginations. It’s like Cirque De Soleil but with Santa!!!
- Gaylord’s Country Christmas. The holiday displays are UNREAL, including more than three million twinkling lights and festive new décor! Our family goes every year, it is gorgeous.
- Snow Tubing. Who doesn’t love to snow tube? You can go on a tubing hill covered in 1.5 million pounds of actual snow (it’s also tented). Your kids and you can race to the bottom and see who wins.
- Santa’s Snow Throw. Warm up your throwing arm and launch pre-made snowballs at moving presents and mischievous elves in Santa’s workshop. This carnival-style game has all the bells and whistles to excite guests of all ages.
- Adventure Science Center. We are members here! You will experience everything from incredible winter sports to the dazzling aurora borealis and the kids will learn so much while having fun.
- Santa’s Flight Crew. Your child can be a member of the flight crew and enjoys a special visit with Santa, in addition to receiving a personalized Cadet Badge, trying on a virtual flight suit, learn how to operate the sleigh and under magical lights and snowfall.
- Breakfast With Santa. I’m sure this is at multiple locations if you google but it is available at the Nashville Farmers’ Market on Saturday December 16 from 9am to noon inside the Market House. Enjoy story time, breakfast, hot coco, coffee and cocktails.
- Home Alone Nashville Symphony. Such a wonderful and hilarious tradition for your family.
- Nutcracker with Nashville Ballet. Read my post on Holiday Traditions, this is one of mine. Simply beautiful and amazing.
- Cheekwood Lights. If you haven’t been to Cheekwood now is your chance. As if the gardens weren’t beautiful enough, now over 1 million stunning lights are illuminating the gardens for the most gorgeous winter stroll of the season.
- The Dancing Lights of Christmas. Once at Jelly Stone and now in the fairgrounds, they have over one and a half million lights dancing to the music on the radio. You can have multiple experiences as it’s never the same.
and many, many more.
What do you guys love to do with your family during Christmas in Nashville? Please leave me some comments or message me. Also check out these on the go products for your babes to make life a tad easier. Enjoy! Xo