Disclosure: This ‘How to Dress Up Casual Outfits’ post is sponsored by Grogan Jewelers By Lon but all opinions stated are my own and not influenced in any way. There are affiliate links, which means I might get a few pennies thrown my way.
Photos by Nicole DiGiacobbe
Fall is in the air in Tennessee. Football, bonfires, lattes, flannels…gimme all the fall things. It’s about to be that awkward time of year where you don’t want to dress up but also don’t wanna always show up in your flannel or yoga pants. This is the perfect time to know how to dress up casual outfits with mixing and matching different accessories. I’m showing you how to accessorize with jewelry pieces from Grogan’s Jewelers by Lon. Clearly jewelry is the clear choice to jazzing up any outfit but there’s also a few other things you can add to “dress up” your casual duds. I have a few tips up my sleeve because as you guys know, this mom of two littles doesn’t have the time to get all dolled up daily. Not only that but it’s just not always practical for me to wear a dress everyday chasing two munchkins.
I’m rocking a super casual jumpsuit but I’m loving the moto detail on the legs. You can zip it up and wear alone for a casual look or unzip the top a tad to show a little skin. It’s definitely an investment piece for athletic wear. It’s from the Kate Spade collection from Beyond Yoga. I can wear it day-to-day, which I did in NYC a few weeks ago with sneakers but also add a twist to it to dress it up for a night out. Here are a few tips to take it from casual to dressy:
- Add heels. I mean that’s a pretty easy fix but it can make all the difference. I rocked these statement heels I picked up during the Nordstrom sale. They can be classic pumps or if you really wanna go all out then find an embellished pair like mine.
- Add a statement jacket. Fur, Leather, you name it. Anything that you can throw on to take it to the next level. I think a leather jacket would be perfect for this jumpsuit because it already has an edgy feel to it. I like this metallic one.
- Add Jewelry. I paired my jumpsuit with GORGEOUS earrings and a statement bracelet from Grogan’s Jewelers By Lon. They are from the John Hardy collection. Animal themed jewelry is one of the top trends right now. I think it’s s popular because it’s easier to identify ourselves with animals. Take a tiger or lion for example, I would gravitate toward that because it feels like a spirit animal to me where I have a strong personality. I have a girlfriend who is a much softer soul than I am and she gravitates towards elephant themed jewelry.
- Belt or accessories. The right belt or accessory, such as a hat can also transform your outfit. Hats are my favorite because it really shows your style so subtly.
- Clutch. The right purse or clutch (like this one) can make the outfit. Pair it with a pop of color or an embellished clutch to make a statement and kick your outfit into high gear.
Ok just a few little lips from lil ole me. I am loving the dragon bracelet from Grogan’s so much that I wanted to share this similar wolf bracelet with along with this woven complimenting bracelet to you from their online selection. The John Hardy collection can be found in the store in Cool Springs Galleria for my local Nashvillians. Honestly I recommend that anyway because I’ll admit it’s hard to shop online for practically anything. You need to see it up close, try it on and browse. I was so impressed with the quality when I walked in the store for these jewels. So make it a point to stop by the store and look around. You won’t be disappointed.