Who else really hates their bathroom but cannot afford to completely remodel it? Don’t everyone raise your hand at once but I know a lot of you are. We found our house at such an amazing deal for the location and the guts were good BUT it needed some major updates. Unless you’re wealthy or taking out a loan to improve it, then plan to wait awhile to do all the things you’re wanting because trust me it’s adds up. Here are a few quotes I’ve received: $5000 for a fence, $9000 for the exterior of our house to painted, $10000 for a bathroom remodel, $6000 minimum for our cabinets to be painted. Mind you, that is just a few of the things. We had to have our entire house painted, new carpet put down, have our deck rebuilt and build a fence. Those were absolute necessities. So if you’re like me and cannot afford to do all major improvements to your home at once. Here are a few inexpensive bathroom update ideas, like changing out my lighting with Kichler, that I’ve learned to make it look 100 times better on a budget:
- Change the wall paint. Our walls were hideous when we moved in, and I mean hideous. Like as in puke yellow and DIY faux painting. That was one of the first decisions I made when we moved in. First security system and second paint. I decided to paint our guest bathroom navy and accent it with gold. Our master bath is a minty teal to give it a relaxing vibe.
- Paint your cabinets. Again paint can do amazing things. Our house, like I said had great guts to work with. The cabinets were a solid material but they definitely needed updating. I haven’t painted the bathroom cabinets yet but we have painted the kitchen cabinets white (they’re identical). I have it on the books to paint our bathroom cabinets the exact same color in 2 weeks before our tile gets replaced. It just brightens up the room when oak wood can make it seem harsh.
- Change out the hardware. This is such a small step that can change the look of the room. We replaced the outlet covers in every room, the air vent covers and I spray painted the towel rings and toilet paper holders gold. Houzz has some gorgeous outlet covers!
- Update your light fixtures. This was SO important in our house. Our light fixtures in our bathroom were horrible. I replaced the vanity lights with two of THESE gorgeous lights from Kichler and THIS single vanity light. My favorite light is the hanging foyer pendant also from Kichler. I noticed Kichler one day while at Lowe’s and fell in love, they have such a great range of lights at exceptional prices. I’m excited to change out the fixtures in my other rooms soon. Day by day it’s becoming a home we love.
- Use decorative decals. This is such a simple and cheap option to jazz up the room. In our half bath I decided to add gold foiled palm fonds and I am obsessed. I was trying to figure out a way to be artistic with it and decided to do them along the top of the wall facing different ways. I am so pleased with how it turned out and I have had so many compliments. It was also very easy and quick to accomplish.
I hope you found these bathroom update ideas useful and please comment below your inexpensive ways to update your bathroom or what else you would like to see from me. Xo.