Photos by Elizabeth Looney Photograpghy.
Ok so a couple of Fit Fridays ago, I discussed Lagree Fitness and my best friend Anne Gave you some info on it. This week I wanted to share my lagree fitness thoughts. I first tried Lagree at Studio Novo last year before I found out I was pregnant. It was hard, not even gonna lie. But I could tell what a great workout it is for your body after just one workout. I had different muscles aching that I never even knew could hurt. It is absolutely amazing for your core, like probably the best workout I could suggest to strengthen your core. Let’s talk about core: Your torso is your body’s center of power so the stronger and stabilized you are in this area, the more likely you are to prevent injuries. Lagree also works your muscles in length which improves flexibility. A few benefits from Lagree:
- Uses spring resistance that allows for peak muscle contractions and reduces the stress on your joints and connective tissue.
- Focuses on your form and each movement within the workout is kept in a range of motion that specifically targets the muscle or group of muscles.
- The equipment is adjustable based on beginner or experienced to allow for training at different angles.
- Utilizes slow and controlled movements. Honestly the slower, the better even though your body is telling you to complete it with momentum. When your body is working with and against resistance slowly, the tension on your muscles stays consistent while recruiting more muscle fibers. The slow movements ignite the fat burning muscle fibers.
- Each set is performed for at least 60 seconds to stimulate both the fast and slow twitch muscle fibers
So I experienced Lagree last week post-partum by at Studio Novo in Nashville and wanted to share my lagree fitness thoughts. It was the first time I’ve been without Anne as the teacher, which was kinda nice because she is hard on me in there 😉 I have never felt as discouraged as I had in that class and let me tell you why. That was legit my second real workout since Charlie was born. My body simply was not ready. I have hip issues from pregnancy so that flared up. I couldn’t even do some of the movements. But the teacher was so kind and understanding. She helped me modify the movements but it was so hard on my mentality knowing how hardcore my body was previously in this class. After a trip to the doctor, I learned shortly after that I had an umbilical hernia and that’s why it was so rough on my core. I cannot wait to get back in the groove and continue the body-changing Lagree workouts at Studio Novo.
Hope you enjoyed my lagree fitness thoughts… Tune in next week for some at home workout ideas and the essentials you need for a great at home workout. Xo.