Night time skin routine.
Photo Credit: Elizabeth Looney Photography
You guys have been asking for my night-time skin routine so here it is and I’m gonna break it down in detail for you. So I was totally the sun worshipper as a young kid, like I slathered baby oil on my bod and laid on my front porch with lemon juice and sun in on my hair! Young girls: STOP! Take it from me, you will regret it. My irish self is paying for it now and I slather on the sunscreen instead with a giant floppy hat. So for the past few years since I had Keatyn and hit 30 I’ve been diligent about skin care, even in my exhausted mom state. I also have tried botox a couple of times even though I get the bare minimum. Also I have a post coming up soon regarding another procedure I’m wanting to try and sharing my experience with you.
Ok let’s dig into my night time skin routine! So majority of the time I am exhausted and just ready to get in the bed so I try to keep it quick and efficient. Here’s my list from start to finish with some bonus treatments:
- Wash my face. It varies depending on if I’m wearing makeup but if I have no makeup or light makeup, I wash my face with Purity or IS Clincal Cleansing Complex. (code Ashley15) If I have a lot of makeup on I use Eve Lom cleanser along with the muslin cloths. Then I will use Bioderma micellar water to remove any excess makeup leftover on my face to get it good and clean.
- Then I start with eye cream. This one and this one (code Ashley15) are my two favorites. I dab them under my eye up into my crow’s feet. I always do this first before any serums. Then i put on my lash serum (either Lash Boost by R & F or Neulash)
- I alternate nights with retinols and serums. The nights I do retinol or tretinoin, I use Luna Sleeping Oil every other night and then once a week I use this OTC Tretinoin (code Ashley15) that doesn’t make me peel as much. You can also top retinol with Good Genes, a lactic acid to help exfoliate off the dead skin.
- Then I use this serum. I’m absolutely obsessed with the difference it has made in my skin. Use code Ashley 15 for 15% off.
- Lastly I finish off with a hydrating lip treatment. There’s nothing worse than dry lips in the middle of the night.
- Plus when I go to bed I always make sure I sleep on the proper pillow case or eye mask to protect my skin and hair. My favorite is the Branche Beauty Sleep pillow cases & eye masks because they have amino acids to boost skin hydration levels. Additional benefits include: wrinkle prevention, hair loss, frizz & tangle reduction, hair style extension & keeping volume & shine.
Some Products I don’t use every day but weekly.
(My favorite brightening treatment for my pregnancy spots)
GLYTONE ENHANCE BRIGHTENING
Use Code ‘Ashley15’ for 15% off!!!
(HYDRATING MASKS for when my skin is super dry)
EVE LOM MOISTURE MASK
20% off with code GLOW
VICHY AQUALIA THERMAL NIGHT SPA
20% off with code GLOW
IS CLINICAL YOUTH INTENSIVE CREAM
15% off with code Ashley15
(Treatment for breakouts)
KATE SOMMERVILLE ERADIKATE
20% off use code GLOW
I also linked my Youtube video for you guys to watch. Hope you enjoy and let me know if you have any questions. Xo.