Photos by: Elizabeth Looney Photography
Do not fear the pantsuit ladies! I know the fears all too well… I’m too short, I’m too tall, what if I have the dreaded camel toe, what if it makes me look like I don’t have a booty?! I will admit it is a little harder to use the restroom, but isn’t the chance to look super chic worth it?
- Finding your perfect fit. This is hands down the most important rule. If it looks like a trash bag or is dragging the ground, you simply aren’t gonna pull it off. Also don’t let it drag the floor, have it hemmed. Not every person is made the same way, that’s why they made hemmers. Good thing every thing can be altered. Know your body type and dress for it. Us short girls (raises hand) just can’t pull off the palazzo look without looking frumpy, so be smart and just forgo it. If you’re having issues in the tummy area, don’t pick a jumpsuit with a fitted tummy, opt for the high waisted choice to lean out that area. Same rule applies for girls with short legs, look for the high cinched waist to elongate your legs. If you are hourglass shaped then make sure the bottom part fits well and have the top portion altered. Lastly for the long waisted ladies, go for a pantsuit with a blouson top portion.
- Look for adaptable pantsuits. There are so many different styles, you don’t have to be stuck in a box. Take a monochrome color and dress it up with a blazer for work. Casual pantsuits (flowy or even baggy) are also perfect for daytime wear when not at work. Pantsuits are also SEXY, I have some gorgeous lace ones. My favorites are the fitted like pictured above. You can build on it with the accessories you choose.
- Add a statement belt to cinch your waist more or to hide a little tummy pooch.
- Layer your jumpsuit with a fitted tee underneath for winter.
- Go for the BOLD and UNIQUE patterns. Are you looking to make a statement? Rock it girl, some of the best pantsuits I’ve seen are patterns I would have never thought to purchase.
So do not fear the pantsuit friends, I hope I have helped with that. DO NOT forget about my giveaway I’m hosting with some blogger friends. Enter below! Xo
Now…it’s time for a fabulous giveaway!
I’ve teamed up with an amazing group of bloggers
to give YOU a chance to win:
a $550 Nordstrom Gift Card, just in time for some spring shopping!
Simply enter below by completing the rafflecopter.
You’ll receive one entry per completion.
This giveaway is open internationally and runs until 8/21.
Winner will be announced here. Good Luck!