Ok ladies (or men with long hair) I have teamed up with The Dry House in Nashville to help share some tips on how to extend a blow out and share some of their blowout deals as well 🙂 If you’re anything like me and hate washing your own hair let alone drying it too, these tips will help make you a lot happier. I have wavy hair with a kinky texture in the back so it’s always hard to reach those spots when I blow out my hair. I try to stretch out the days in between washes as long as possible and a good blowout definitely helps attain that.
If you’re not going to a blowout bar and wanna attempt this at home read below. Otherwise trust a professional.
- First you need the right tools to perfect the blow out. Don’t worry I got you 😉 We’ll go step by step through this together. Depending on your hair texture will determine what type of shampoo you will use to start. I have linked below my favorite brand Pureology in three different types: hydrating, purifying and volume shampoo. I personally would need Hydrating shampoo because my hair is on the drier side where I color it. If your hair is on the mousy/limp side I would recommend Volumizing shampoo. At times when I feel like I have a lot of product build up I also would use a Purifying shampoo. Scrub (well massage) those roots then put a hydrating conditioner if you have dry hair and a lightweight conditioner if you have fine hair on just the ends.
- Then apply a rejuvenating oil like this one HERE or HERE on the ends to help with dry ends. It also helps reduce dry time and extends your blowout.
- Next apply a volumizing mousse shown HERE and HERE on roots.
- Follow with a blowout spray like THIS or THIS to protect hair from UV rays and hot hair styling tools.
- Section off hair and blow dry with brush in sections flipping your wrist.
Short hair (chin length and shorter) – Use a small to medium round brush 1″ (25mm) to 1.4″ (35mm)
Medium hair (chin length to collar-bone) – Use a medium round brush 1.4″ (35mm) to 1.7″ (45mm)
Long hair ( Collar bone length or longer) – Use a medium to large round brush 1.7″ (45mm) to 2.2″ (55mm)
After your gorgeous blowout is completed, here some ways to maintain that perfection on your head:
- Flip your head over at night and roll into a ballerina bun securing with a scrunchie. Yes I said scrunchie. Elastic hair ties crease and tangle hair.
- Sleep on a satin pillowcase to avoid frizz.
- When you shower, use a shower cap to avoid humidity messing with your hair cuticles.
I use a lot of dry shampoo to stretch my blowout as long as possible. I’m embarrassed to admit but currently I’m on day 9. I plan on finally washing my hair tomorrow haha. I’m also gonna include a few things(like beach & texturizing spray) I use to style and give my hair volume in between washes. I plan on posting a hair tutorial next week too 🙂
Nashville, TN 37215
(Next to Color, Nadeau and Bennett Galleries)
Ps. Look for my blog tomorrow on the HUGE Nordstrom Anniversary Sale starting tomorrow for cardholders and go to my youtube to see my top June beauty favorites and watch below!