As a little girl, like most I’m sure, I dreamed of my wedding. I planned out my entire life. I’ll graduate high school, go to college, graduate college, find a job, get married and have babies. If only that was how it went right, ha. All of those things did happen but not quite in that order but that didn’t make them just as magical. The three most magical things that happen in a couple’s relationship is the proposal, the wedding and kids. How do you create the perfect proposal? Girls go ahead and PIN this to your wedding board or share on social media to make sure your future hubs sees this. Today I’m partnering with Grogan Jewelers by Lon to talk about the top 5 things to prepare you for the perfect proposal.
5 MUSTS FOR THE PERFECT PROPOSAL
- First and foremost, THE RING. You want to make sure you pick out the perfect ring for your perfect proposal and that doesn’t always mean the biggest. Fit it to your partner’s liking. For example, I’m a simple and modest person but love antique jewelry. I could care less about the size of the stone as long as it has an antique feel. Some girls want at least a couple carats. It just depends on the person. GUYS, check out her Pinterest account. You will always find some clues there. Talk to her best friends, they can definitely point you in the right direction. This ring will be photographed A LOT. Grogan Jewelers by Lon has an amazing selection of engagement rings of all different styles and sizes. They also let you custom design your ring to add depth to your love story (call a store expert) so it’s guarantee you’ll love it. Even though it sounds pretty amazing already, there’s more: they also offer a Lifetime warranty and a diamond warranty where they will issue full credit for the original purchase price of your center stone at any time that you wish to trade it in towards the purchase of another diamond. So you can always upgrade to a bigger stone down the road.
- The Location. You definitely wanna make it somewhere memorable so if you’re a guy and reading this… do your homework. The last thing you’ll want is your girl being disappointed in the proposal because she thought you didn’t put enough thought into it. Listen to her when she talks about the places she enjoys or specific memories. When in doubt, again ask her friends. Girls, drop the hints. Guys aren’t mind readers. Say things like “It’s always been my dream to go to Spain”, yada yada you get my drift. You’ve gotta give a little guidance. Some key spots for a great location: A destination vacation, a specific nostalgic memory for the two of you like where you had your first date, said i love you or had your first kiss.
- The Time of Year. A lot of people do big holidays like Christmas, birthdays, Valentine’s day (it is the day for love), birthdays, etc. That’s always a good option because she won’t think it seems funny to get dresses up for those occasions so she will look killer in the photos. You can also incorporate really cute ideas depending on the time of year. Ie. writing the proposal in the snow during winter or sand during warmer months.
- The Actual Proposal. So many cute ideas floating around, I know believe me because I’m the person who loves to watch the cute videos of all of them. What does your girl like? Does she love puppies, have her dog carry the ring in a box around its neck. (Just a random idea but sounds cute) A few of my favorite ideas that you can totally make your own personal twist on: A scavenger hunt, Break into a song & dance (have you seen the flash mobs!! OMG google it), Hide the ring somewhere cute like in her food, in the eggs while making morning breakfast, in a cracker jack box…you name it. Here are some more cute proposal ideas.
- Capture it on Camera. Listen this is the biggest regret of my proposal. My husband did everything right other than this, Granted he didn’t do it because he thought I would be mad because I’m so socially awkward. The thing is when you get engaged, the whole thing feels like a blur and you can barely remember what was said. Both of you. You’re both so nervous and caught off guard that it feels like a dream. I wish we had our engagement documented so I could watch it over and have those memories. So if you’re able have someone there to video it and take photos of the moment you get down on your knee, even if it’s with their cell phone. You will never regret having those moments down the road.
I hope you guys loved this perfect proposal checklist and it has helped you on your journey. Please as always feel free to message me with any questions/comments or post below. Also check out these GORGEOUS ring ideas below courtesy of Grogan Jewelers. You can find them locally in the Nashville area at the Cool Springs Galleria (check their website for online purchase or other locations) to browse etc. I’m not kidding when I say they have the most excellent customer service.