If you’ve been wondering how to wear a duster kimono, I’ve got you covered. I also was clueless at first. I love how versatile it is and how wearing one can pretty much transform any look. My personal favorites are layering it over a dress or wearing with denim shorts but I’m showing you all that below. Kimonos are completely on trend right now but the hippie inside of me has been wearing them for years. They’re the perfect blend of edgy and boho.
In case you are curious how to wear a duster kimono, here are a few of my favorite ways:
- My favorite way to wear duster kimonos are with a pair of shorts. You can dress it up with heels or keep it casual with sandals or booties. You can even wear it with a crop top and shorts to balance out the crop.
- Belt it over a dress for a more put together look. Most often kimonos have that boho or edgy vibe, this look can class it up for work or date night out.
- To make mine super casual, I’ll pair it with a pair of boyfriend jeans and a floppy hat. Not my husband’s fave though, he says I look like a bag lady. Hey I can work with that.
- Wear it with a plain colored t-shirt and poof, you’ve got a new outfit.
- In the fall or winter even, layer it on top of sweaters or long sleeve shirts with some trendy booties.
- Rock it with a graphic t-shirt or tank to give it a festival or rocker vibe. (With a hat of course)
- Who says you can’t wear leggings as pants, wear it to cover up your favorite pair of leggings.
- Wear it with a pair of bell pants or flares to give you a hippie, 70’s vibe.
I hope everyone had a great holiday! Let me know your favorite way to rock a kimono. Xo.